Immerse: A number of IMMERSE Bible Reading Experience groups launched in February, 2018. IMMERSE groups use a six-volume, specially-formatted Bible created with one goal in mind: to provide the best Bible reading experience possible.
During the first 8-week section, we will be reading through the first five books of the Old Testament. The section is entitled “Beginnings”.
- Encourages the extended reading of Scripture with a tool especially designed for reading comfortably and at length.
- Encourages engagement with the grand narrative of Scripture, inviting readers to make the Bible’s great drama of restoration and new life the story of their lives too.
- Encourages a regular and deep reading of Scripture, which uncovers the spiritual light and practical wisdom that God wants to provide for all his people.
- Encourages people to read and listen to God’s word together in groups, fostering rich community with others and a deeper communion with God.
- Encourages people to read the Bible intensively in two 8-week sessions each year, still allowing room for other activities and studies in their community’s annual cycle.
- Provides structured reading plans, introductory videos, and other printed and online tools that help leaders to easily guide the reading and reflection process.
- Encourages people to read through the entire Bible in a regular 3-year rhythm, leading to a lifetime of engagement in God’s word.
A number of optional, free resources are available online for participants and facilitators. These include a brief video which introduces each week of the program and audio files of the text that we are reading together. The audio files can be listened to online or downloaded in popular podcast programs such as iTunes. Search for “IMMERSE Beginnings” to find and subscribe to the the podcast.